Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

A Tisket, A Tasket, A Grown Up Easter Basket

It is probably childish of me, but I love an Easter basket. I really miss getting them, even though my mom made them for me until I was probably way too old...I was in college when I got my last Easter basket (don't worry I didn't have any illusions about the bunny still...). I have no shame though. There is something about digging through and finding all of the little treasures hidden inside. It may not come as a surprise to you that my favorite part of Christmas is the stocking. I just love a little collection of treasures and gifties!

Now, I love a traditional basket, but if we are having fun here then let's get a little fancy. Here are some of my favorite finds for a grown up girl's Easter basket:

 
Source {1, 2, 3}

After finding the perfect basket it is time to fill it up!

An Easter basket definitely needs some candy. Here are some of my favorite Easter treats:

Robin's Eggs
source

Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs

source
Bubble Gum Easter Eggs (a childhood classic...they must be in the little egg carton)

source
Coconut Cream Mary Sue Easter Egg (a Baltimore and childhood favorite)
source
Mary Sue Pecan Nougat Egg (another Baltimore and childhood favorite)
source
Oh nom, nom. Now that I am drooling I will stop with the candy pictures. 

One of the best things about my mom's Easter baskets was that they included more than just candy. Just like a good stocking they included fun little gifts and trinkets too. Here are some of my favorite goodies:



Any other Easter basket lovers out there? Hopefully the Easter bunny is kind to you this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment