Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Cheers to Fall!

This past weekend I was so happy to have my family in town. Every year during Columbus Day weekend we have "fall family fun weekend" where my parents, aunt and uncle, and grammie come into town (we were missing a few of you this time!). Cheesy name I know, but that's what I call it. There were lots of fun adventures that I will share with you in the next few weeks, but for tonight I want to give you Pumpkin Pie Cordials.

I have always been a little afraid of creamy liqueurs. I.do.not.like.milk. And milky liquor just seems wrong and weird and gross and wrong. But, my mom brought a bottle of pumpkin liqueur as a hostess gift and being a brave eater and drinker (I will try most things once), and a lover of all things fall and pumpkin, I kept an open mind.

On the evening we opened up the bottle I decided to create a Pumpkin Pie Cordial. I used small glass and added a few shots of the pumpkin liqueur (can be found at any liquor store this time of the year) and topped it with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice. Viola! Pumpkin Pie Cordials. The result was delicious! It was creamy and pumpkiny and warm and spicy, and had just a bit of a kick too.

I am still scared of creamy liqueur in general, but pumpkin liqueur is ok by me. My next adventure with it will be a Pumpkin Pie Hot Toddy (good for a nightcap): a cup of decaf coffee with a shot of pumpkin liqueur topped with my trademark whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice. Delish!

Cheers!


4 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds delicious! Sounds like a great time with your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo that sounds spectacular! I will definitely have to pin this to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think when you do! :) It was definitely grown up fall in a cup!

      Delete